Last updated: June 13, 2018
Our Website considers protecting and ensuring safety of user data as its top priority. Our Website takes the issue of privacy very seriously and would like the users of the Website to know that Our Website takes all the needed precautions to safeguard and protect user data.
2. Personal Information
We use the term “Designated Countries” to refer to countries in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), and Switzerland.
3. Collection of your personal information
Working Nomads collects personal information when you:
- visit Our Website;
- sign up to an account with Our Website;
- fill in any forms and submit it to Our Website or Working Nomads;
- contact us;
- request any services of Working Nomads;
- place and process orders on the Website;
- provide any information to Working Nomads;
- submit comments or feedback.
Working Nomads does not collect personal information beyond the limited data we need for you to perform our services. We may receive the following personal information:
- information provided by the user during account registration, including, without limitation, personal details, user name, address, phone number and email address;
- your gender;
- employer’s details, job title, working email address, etc;
- financial information (if applicable);
- any other personal information which you directly provide to Working Nomads; and
- any other personal information requested or required by the Website.
The Website can be visited without any personal information provided. Visitors of the Website can opt to remain anonymous. Our Website processes anonymous metadata through cookies such as the URL of the requested file, the amount of data transferred, the date and time of the request from the user, Internet browser information, operating system type, the IP address of the used device, the Internet service provider used, reference links such as user clicks on certain links. This metadata cannot be used by Our Website to obtain personally identifiable information. This information is only used for general purposes, such as technical improvements and statistical purposes.
We will only collect and process personal information about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract and “legitimate interests”.
Working Nomads does not knowingly provide services and collect personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our services are available only to the users over 16 years old. If you are at least 13 years old, we may provide you with the services with your parent or guardian consent. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. Please name your email as “DPO”.
4. Sharing your personal information
We may share your information with:
- service providers we work with to deliver services (such as information processing, managing customer data, providing customer service, etc);
- public and governmental authorities, as required by local laws and regulations or for the purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance.
5. What information do we automatically collect?
When you use pages on Our Website, we may automatically receive some information that identifies, for each page accessed:
- the type of browser and operating system you have used;
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the device which has accessed it (example PC, tablet);
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .eu etc.);
- the address of your server; and
- the previous website visited.
Our Website might have certain codes included on its webpages that provide us with information and data on usage of our sites, this information includes:
- the website pages visited;
- the average duration of page view,
- location of visits previous to visiting Our Website; and
- the navigation behaviour and preferences of the user.
6. We do not collect sensitive information
We do not collect or request your sensitive information (including, but not limited to, information about your religious or political beliefs, opinions). Where you have provided it to us voluntarily, you shall be solely responsible for security of any sensitive information, and we do not intend to use this information for any purpose, nor share this information with any third parties. Please do not post or add sensitive and other personal information that you would not want to be publicly available.
7. Use of Personal Information
Personal information will be collected, held, used and disclosed for the following purposes jointly and/or severally:
- to provide you with services requested;
- to identify you and personalize your experience with us;
- to process registration and log in to our Website;
- to provide you with newsletters via mail and e-newsletters;
- to process any requests, complaints and applications;
- to record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research;
- to the extent permissible or necessary by law, for any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by Working Nomads in the circumstances;
The user understands that the personal information is available and accessible by our employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you or in order to do their jobs.
8. Cookies and other Technologies
9. User’s Ability to Edit Personal Information
You may access your personal information held by us to correct, update and remove inaccurate or incorrect data. You have the following rights:
- delete some or all personal information that we held about you;
- change or correct your personal information that we held about you;
- object to, or limit or restrict, use of your personal information;
- right to access and/or take your personal information: you can ask us for a copy of your personal information in machine readable form.
If you want your personal information to be corrected, updated or removed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. How do we secure your personal information
We use certain technologies to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information. Working Nomads uses several security measures, including data encryption, Secure Socket Layer protocol (SSL) which is industry-leading technology to ensure that your information is fully encrypted.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Website sometimes will be sending you communication via email, examples of such emails include an email welcoming you to the site, a new user notification, verification emails, or any other emails that are required to operate your account such as account management email, or system notifications. You can stop some of these emails only if you terminate your account with Our Website.
Users can subscribe to our newsletters, this communication includes information such as job alerts and new job notifications. Users can adjust frequency and type of notifications on their setting page. Users are also always provided with an option to opt out completely from these newsletters. Should you wish to do so, please adjust the settings on the relevant page.
You might also receive emails that Our Website believes will be useful for you as a user of the website. Such emails might include promotion notifications, announcements of new services or products delivered via the site, surveys, periodic newsletters, information and updates on new functionality or new developments on the site, and event information or other promotional or commercial communication. You can manage how and when you receive such emails from Our Website by managing to which emails you are subscribing, using unsubscribe link inside each email, configuring and updating your account e-mail preferences on Our Website, or simply by notifying us to have your contact information removed from our email list or registration database.
12. How long do we retain personal information?
We retain your personal information for as long as your account is in existence or necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it or as needed to provide you with the services, except if required otherwise by law. However, when you cease using Working Nomads services and close your account, we will normally still retain your personal information for a period of time. Usually, we will store your personal information for a period of 5 (five) years after you cease being a customer of Working Nomads, beginning at the date your account is closed. There are several reasons which we retain your information even longer, these include:
- To comply with legal obligations under EU/local laws (for example, anti-money laundering and accounting regulations);
- To establish or defend legal claims which could be made against us.
Please note that retention periods may be changed from time to time based on business or legal and regulatory requirements.
13. Merge of company
14. Cross-Border Data Transfers
We process information both inside and outside of Designated Countries and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer information across borders. Countries where we process information may have laws which are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country.
16. Data Controller Person
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please contact us at email@example.com. Please name your email subject as “DPO”.