This is an exciting opportunity to join a startup providing telephone and other services in the corrections industry. You will be reporting to the CTO located in Anaheim, CA, but you can work from home at any location as long as you have good internet access, and a strong ability to be productive on your own.
You will be extending and maintaining our script-processing telephony engine written in GNU Objective-C, communicating with Freeswitch using Freeswitch's Event Socket Library (ESL), and running on Linux. The engine DOES NOT use the GNUStep/OPENstep Foundation Kit, and runs as a server, so it has no direct UI. Your knowledge of C programming in this environment will be important. The successful candidate will have demonstrated their ability to dig deep into custom software to add features and functionality, as well as to fix any issues that might arise. You will also be modifying the scripts that the telephony server interprets.
In the future, there's a good chance we will be porting this functionality to another technology. You will be key to this process, and a working knowledge of Node.js is likely to be useful.
We are looking for employees, but we will consider corp-to-corp, or 1099 hires. We are looking for full-time resources committed to a long-term engagement. We are hiring directly-- NO AGENTS.
The following skills and experience are required:
- 3+ years programming Objective-C (knowledge of Cocoa or FoundationKit not required)
- 1+ years working with Linux or other Unix derivatives
- 1+ years working with SQL database (Postgresql preferred)
- 1+ years of networking experience (TCP/IP, UDP/IP)
- Ability to work on your own
- Ability to dig deeply into complex software
- Advanced analysis and debugging skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies
The following skills and experience are a plus:
- Experience with Freeswitch is highly desirable
- J2EE (EJBs, CDI, and IoC), which is used in a related server
- JAX-WS (SOAP -- GSOAP specifically)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Angular UI
To apply for this position, use the submission button/link on this page. Provide your resume, and your salary requirements.
We look forward to your response, and thank you for reviewing our position.- provided by Dice