Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of 'Always Advancing to Protect What's Important.' With $7.9B in revenue for fiscal 2018, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative non-woven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 130 manufacturing facilities worldwide and employs over 24,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgment, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
We are seeking Technical Managers for Business Development who can support the North American business of Bakery, Food Film and Specialty & Industrial. This position is remote based and the incumbent can be based anywhere in the continental United States.
The Technical Manager will be responsible for all technical aspects of product recommendations and commercialization of cast, embossed, blown & packaging films for Bakery, Food Film and Specialty & Industrial film markets. The individual must understand films, printing, lamination and converting. The position reports to a Director and will be a key position in providing targets for development of innovative film products for Berry Corporation. The position will interface with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Manufacturing, and Quality groups as well as the customer.
* Extensive customer interaction with technical level personnel to understand performance requirements for new product proposals. Must define those requirements using key physical properties, visual standards, and performance characteristics.
* Assists Sales and Marketing personnel during customer calls by providing technical expertise and summarizing process capabilities.
* Extensive supplier interaction with technical level personnel to stay current with state-of-the-art polymer resin systems, adhesive systems, ink & print systems, processing and converting equipment, and physical property testing techniques and investigates their potential application.
* Leads Berry Corporation to new levels of product technology and market expertise.
* Develops and scales up to commercialization of new products and provides core maintenance on these products by staying abreast of new technology. Also responsible for taking the commercial product technology to the "next generation".
* Recommends incorporation of new technology for company applications where feasible and practical.
* Resolve Customer complaints.
* Interfaces with and provides technical support to production personnel for release of new product programs and procedures
* Provides liaison with customers, test labs, and vendors relative to existing and new product introduction.
* Maintains records and files for all related source documents pertaining to film development and formulations.
* Occasionally conduct presentations on appropriate technical subjects at industry conferences and meetings.
* Travel could 50% of overall time.
* College Degree preferred
* Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills.
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
* Must possess a working knowledge of statistical analysis used in process control (control charting techniques, process capability studies, etc.)
* Must demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong teamwork relationships.