This position can be remote anywhere in the US
Syncsort is the global leader in Big Iron to Big Data software. After several years of company growth and global expansion, we now do business in over 100 countries, with over 7,000 customers - including 84 of the Fortune 100. Our mission is to organize data everywhere, to keep the world working, helping customers solve for the present and prepare for the future. Our products optimize, assure, integrate, and advance data, so data-driven organizations can get more value from their business information. We know the Next Wave of new technologies is right around the corner, so we work hard to continuously help customers leverage cutting-edge technologies like streaming frameworks, hybrid cloud, machine learning, AI and blockchain. We are looking for talented individuals with the experience and motivation to join our innovative team.
The purpose of the Managed Services practice at Syncsort is to profitably deliver services which promote the successful operation of Syncsort software solutions deployed at customers. The Managed Services consultant will be assigned a portfolio of customers to support these objectives. The Managed Services Consultant is a delivery and customer facing position. The consultant will represent Syncsort and have a strong influence over the customer experience. The Managed Services practice is growing and the consultant will be have opportunities to contribute to the growth of this business.
- Perform Managed Service tasks based on contractual SLAs (service level agreements) including: daily physical checks of Syncsort' products, error correction, product configuration changes, product updates, basic skills transfer, conduct solution testing, and status reporting.
- Communicate with customer appropriately
- Perform MIMIX/iTera administration tasks according to company practices
- Act as technical resource for the customer
- Contribute to the development and documentation of best practices and methodologies based on customer experience
- Maintain industry and Syncsort certifications as required
- Work with Manager to identify potential revenue generating opportunities
- 5+ years of experience in same or similar role
- Customer Service competency
- Education or equivalent experience in computer system operations. AS400/IBMi, database, database to database replication experience preferred.
- Must be flexible to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects and tasks in a fast paced environment
- Self starter with ability to work independently, as well as a team environment
- Interested in developing systems to drive process efficiencies