ThreatQuotient™ understands that the foundation of intelligence-driven security is people. The company's open and extensible threat intelligence platform, ThreatQ™, and cybersecurity situation room solution, ThreatQ Investigations, empower security teams with the context, customization, and prioritization needed to make better decisions, accelerate detection and response, and advance team collaboration. Leading global companies use ThreatQuotient solutions as the cornerstone of their security operations and threat management system. ThreatQuotient is headquartered in Northern Virginia with an Engineering office in Mt. Airy, Maryland, and European operations based out of the UK and France. TQ is led by experienced security professionals from Sourcefire, iSight, and General Dynamics and has as its' principal investor New Enterprise Associates (NEA). For more information, visit .
As a member of our Engineering team, you'll be responsible for working with the Product Management team to design, estimate and build out solutions to new features and any reported bugs for our cutting-edge security threat management application. The successful candidate will bridge the gap across the UI, API and background services while working with the rest of the engineering team to identify areas of optimization and clarity in the existing codebase. The position would be located in our Engineering office located in Mt. Airy, MD. The Mount Airy, MD location is our preferred location but we are also open to remote workers but they must have significant experience with the qualifications outlined below and located in the Eastern Time Zone.
- Primary contributor for feature development of API and backend services (Laravel, MariaDB, Solr).
- Strong proficiency with SQL with ~20% of time writing optimized SQL to address scalability requirements.
- Strong knowledge of OOP principles, data structures, algorithms, internet security fundamentals and designing for performance, scalability and availability.
- Create and optimize database queries with proper use of table indices.
- Develop fault tolerant data migrations and transformations.
- Enable rapid development cycles and quality with strong unit tests and good code.
- Be a strong team player and play your part in making it fun.
- Create production quality code within 2 week sprints.
- Live and breathe our company values.
- 5+ years of development with PHP backend
- 5+ years experience with building web services and RESTful APIs
- 3+ years experience with database technologies (MariaDB, MySQL)
- 3+ years experience with Linux
- PHP Laravel
- Memcached, Redis
- MariaDB/MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Solr, Elastisearch, Splunk, Lucene
- Cyber security knowledge