Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2. 8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
The Software Developer will be responsible for development work associated with incorporating new technology and upgrading existing technology, primarily focused on network and server monitoring solutions and Service Management solutions, but also expanding to include all solutions developed in the the Enterprise System Management solutions. You will have the capability to work effectively in a results driven environment, both independently and as a team member; ability to interact well with all levels of management and technical resources. Self-motivation and dedication to objectives is essential. The position will be participating on an on-call rotation and may be called upon to work off-hours to support customer escalations. You will be expected to interact with customers, peers and management via phone, IM, video, and email to ensure customer issues are resolved per contracted SLA s related to the Enterprise System Management Solutions.
This role has the opportunity to be remote.
- Codes, supports and maintains basic application development projects according to appropriate specifications.
- Codes, documents and implements programs according to the project specifications provided. Participates in peer reviews.
- Tests code; executes unit test plans for assigned programming tasks.
- Work with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software.
- Work with relational databases to facilitate programming software.
- Demonstrate your programming skills, personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Utilize your analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs.
- Utilize your strong communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel.
- You will learn and expand on technical expertise.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of various Enterprise System Management solutions including hardware/software support, and special projects.
- Provide emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- We seek a Bachelor's Degree (ideally Computer Science) and a minimum of 5 years experience in the IT development industry.
- You have general knowledge of monitoring principles, processes, and technology along with network technologies.
- We seek a strong understanding of current and emerging transport technologies.
- We seek knowledge of servers and desktop software.
- You have general knowledge of network security and firewall technology.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP addressing and routing, and address management technology.
- You are able to work in a SCRUM or KAMBAN agile development with other developers.
- Proficient in following all approved standards, guidelines, processes and/or procedures
- You regularyly commit any development code into the relevant code repository i. e. Git/BitBucket.
- You have the ability to regularly update progress in an activity tracking tool.
- You are able to create any necessary Development documentation, e. g. Design, Installation, and Administration Guides, Release Notes, Unit Test Plans, Acceptance Test Plans etc
- You have the ability to review Development documentation circulated within the Team.
- You will be available to SCRUM Meetings and team meetings, both regular scheduled, and ad-hoc and be prepared to provide an account of activities when requested.
- You are able to participate in any review of new Service Model tools, incl. Beta programs.
Technical Job Requirements
For Enterprise System Management
- Conceptual web Design/ Development
- Conceptual understanding of REST interfaces
- Expert in Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of scripting in UNIX
- VM Experience
- Basic understanding of monitoring technologies (SNMP, WMI, etc)
- Strong knowledge of Web Technologies (XML, HTML, Web Services) required for process development, integrations and automation
A drive for Achievement and Effort, Adaptability/Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Analytical Thinking, Teamwork, Dependability, Initiative, Integrity, Persistence, Stress Tolerance.
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: eeoc. gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster. pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to com for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to com
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Associated topics: back end, c c++, c#, develop, java, perl, python, software developer, software development engineer, software engineer