You: You as an individual contributor are responsible for leading and growing revenue for a defined set of current Apptio customers. You will have significant exposure to our leadership team including debriefing the CEO, CRO, and SVP of Sales. This highly complex sales effort combines deep IT operational and financial understanding with business insight to convey Apptio's suite of applications to executive decision makers. In return, you have the potential for uncapped income in one of the most strategic, fastest-growing segments of the technology industry and an opportunity to join a company at the forefront of establishing de facto leadership in this new market. You are ideally located in the Texas region.
What we want you to do:
* Manage current Apptio large-scale strategic customers, engaging in a continual selling effort to enhance the value of our solutions and expand revenue opportunities beyond the initial subscription business. Focus on establishing relationships ships across a range of functions within the customer organization, including IT Operations and Finance. Interact at the senior executive and operational management level to effectively promote use and wider adoption.
* Lead multiple complex sales efforts, supporting a renewal base of multiple millions of dollars in annual revenue.
* Forecast business accurately and close both new and renewal revenue opportunities for Apptio's Technology Business Management (TBM) SaaS offering.
* Articulate the Apptio value proposition to senior business leaders like the CIO or CFO based on a deep understanding of IT operations and management. Solve problems promptly and efficiently by marshaling the required Apptio resources to address client issues and concerns.
* Be passionate about ensuring a customer realizes significant value with Apptio.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Minimum 10 years of successful strategic technology sales experience, and/or large account management experience, with a track record of consistent over-achievement against assigned quotas.
* Experience selling SaaS solutions, business/financial applications, or BI solutions.
* Frequent travel required visiting prospects and customers.
* Experience with market leading companies that dominated their segment.
* Knowledge and experience leading a highly complex technology sales process is essential.
* Prior experience in a start-up environment is not required but will be weighed positively.
* Strong executive presence – intelligent, polished, and articulate.
* Able to work independently from home and during travel in an unstructured and fluid capacity to meet simultaneous sales objectives.
* Remote customer and internal work required; need to be comfortable in extended phone conversations, conference calls, and remote computer sessions.
* Work or travel on a weekend is sometimes required to meet customer and prospects needs to ensure successful revenue generation.
* This is a remote position.
Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio (NASDAQ: APTI) is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.