FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
FireEye is looking for an innovative front-end software developer to help build natural and elegant user interfaces for the Malware Analysis Workbench of the future. If you want to build this highly flexible system by continuously collaborating with an industry-leading team of malware reverse engineers - then FireEye's FLARE Team is looking for you!
As a Front-End Engineer working to build the Malware Analysis Workbench of the future with FLARE, you will do the following:
* Lead and build an innovative web-based malware analysis workbench to aid investigators, analysts, and researchers
* Create a flexible and plug-inable framework for exposing state of the art malware analysis automations in new and unique ways
* Work closely with our Malware Reverse Engineers, UI Engineers, UX Leadership, Customers, Internal Stakeholders to transform visual designs into a living, breathing application exposed to thousands of internal and external customers around the world
* Develop, document, and support reusable web components for integration with a range of security product interfaces using Angular, TypeScript, SASS and other technologies
* Collaborate with FireEye's talented team of UX designers to build beautiful, fast, robust user interfaces and data visualizations
* Create, iterate, and inspire ideas for future experience enhancements of the platform
This position can be located in one of the following office locations: Reston, VA; Dallas, TX; New York, NY; or remotely for well-qualified candidates.
* An amazing ability to create high quality user experiences, demonstrated in a portfolio showcasing your work
* Demonstrable experience in and knowledge of modern UI and UX principles and best practices
* Expertise in Angular 2.x+ development or a similar SPA framework
* Experience with CSS (SASS is a plus)
* Experience interacting with web services and RESTful APIs
* Experience with writing and maintaining unit tests
* Comfort with version control systems (Git is a plus)
* Demonstrable experience using modern extended front-end web frameworks (Angular, jQuery, Vue, Polymer, Bootstrap and others)
* Experience with a modern CI/CD devops pipeline (Jenkins, Drone, Bamboo, etc)
* Ability to clearly articulate creative ideas to senior leaders verbally and in writing
* Comfort working with remote teams
* Willingness to travel 5-10%
* BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* Experience in providing design-centric leadership in a software development environment
* Experience in Security, Malware Analysis, or Machine Learning
* Experience writing software in Go
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.