Senior Software Engineer
Cloud Solutions | US - Remote
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We arent your typical high tech company and arent looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you arent afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, were growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. Were decidedly creative, were always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and were on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, its likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. We assume you can read and have access to the internet, so please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at
What we want:
Are you a passionate engineer with an appetite for learning? Do you believe in the principles of agile software development? Do you prefer to ship as early as you possibly can, getting code into customer hands and collecting their feedback to help deliver an outstanding solution? If you are someone who loves helping your team fluidly adapt to new requirements and situations as they arise, and you are constantly tuning your approach to meet customer needs as expertly and quickly as possible, then we are interested in connecting with you.
You will work with our security team, product managers and other specialists to implement a secure, intuitive and robust subscription platform. This is a ground floor opportunity that affords you the flexibility to help create an uncompromised, customer focused feature that adds measurable value to a fast growing company.
What this role looks like to us:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience architecting/integrating modern payment processing platforms into customer facing web experiences (Paymentech, Paypal, Zuora, Recurly, etc)
- Applicable understanding of modern online security standards, including but not limited to: credit card tokenization, XSS, PCI compliance, and securing PII.
- Willingness to partner closely with internal partners to make important engineering decisions that balance numerous non-engineering factors with technical considerations - always without compromising platform security
- Functional understanding of CSS3/HTML5
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around/through/with them
- You really, really like unit tests
- CI/CD evangelist
- Disagree and Commit - ()
- Debug production issues across services and levels of our technology stack
- Thrive in a rapidly changing environment, continuously working to adapt to ever evolving customer needs
- ecommerce experience, particularly subscription based, is a huge plus
- Salesforce integration experience is a nice to have but not necessary
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. Weve grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do start up values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because thats who we want to succeed with every day. Below is just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsite and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether youre hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- Were Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.