eResearchTechnology (ERT) provides unparalleled service and reliable solutions with a common purpose - to ease the challenges of product safety and testing efforts while improving and saving lives. Our important work sets the industry standard. Our team provides proven scientific and regulatory leadership to biopharmaceutical and medical device companies around the world. Our global clients rely upon our expertise - across Cardiac Safety, Respiratory research, Imaging, eCOA, and Consulting Solutions - to expedite their clinical research studies and empower them to make their expert decisions, more quickly and accurately, related to their product development and approval efforts.
Our global company is growing. Our aim is to lead clinical studies to success and to make a contribution to public health. We identify and reward great talent. We're refreshingly friendly and our teamwork is unrivaled.
This position will be located in St. Louis, MO or Cleveland, OH but Remote work is possible for the right candidate.
Senior Software Engineer R&D
The Sr. Software Engineer will work in an Agile environment developing ERT's new best-in-class Imaging Management Solution. As an experienced and self-motivated engineer, the candidate will be responsible for understanding the functional requirements of the applications and services provided by the Imaging Platform, and using modern and innovative development strategies to ensure that ERT's products & services is industry-leading.
* Develop software in accordance with programming standards in an Agile environment within a regulated industry.
* Design, implement, and test software applications and/or technical solutions as defined in the requirements.
* Assist in the creation of Acceptance Criteria based on provided Features and User Stories.
* Create and maintain design documentation in support of software development.
* Demonstrate creative thinking and technical problem solving in the development, packaging, and testing of software.
* Develop unit test plans and test cases, and perform unit testing in accordance with unit test plans.
* Perform peer Code Reviews.
* Participate in Product Meetings.
* Follow procedures described in the Standard Operating Procedures and Development departmental handbook.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
* BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
* Five or more years of related software development experience.
* Knowledge of the process and technical architecture of the software development lifecycle.
* Microsoft .NET languages (especially C#), and related technologies, development methodologies and IDEs.
* Experience working on Agile project teams, implementing software using a continuous delivery model (CI/CD, Test Automation, etc).
* Strong analytical, logical and problem resolution skills.
* Strong technical troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
* Ability to operate and work independently with minimal supervision.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with Web Service technologies (e.g. HTTP, REST APIs, XML, JSON) and other server back-end frameworks (eg ASP MVC, Node) is a plus.
* Experience with AWS (S3, EC2, etc) or other cloud IaaS/PaaS providers is a plus.
* Experience with MongoDB, or other NoSQL document databases is a plus.
* Experience with Containers is a plus (Docker, Kubernetes, etc).
* Experience working in a regulated industry, preferably within pharmaceutical, medical device or medical imaging is a plus.
* Experience with image processing, medical images or image viewers, scientific visualization or video game development is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.