Do you have a passion for JAVA?
We are looking for an experienced JAVA developer to primarily assist with maintenance and enhancements to existing JAVA web-based applications (WARs). This person will also assist our team in the development on new JAVA web applications and will need to be well-versed in Java/J2EE, JBOSS, and web-based technologies like HTML, Jquery, CSS, JSP, JSON, and XML.
We know not everyone is going to fit every one of these requirements, but we do want to work with folks who Get It - so if your expertise isn't a perfect match, apply anyway and let's see how you think it can work. This position is contract to full-time and is for a REMOTE position.
This is a telecommute position. You'll work from home and the hours are flexible. We would prefer to work with someone in the area but that is not required - US residents only.
The posting is for a contract to hire position for 25 to 40 hours a week. We want someone who can actually do the work and can solve problems on their own and write solid code that holds up under high load. You will be joining an existing team of developers who also work remotely.
We are not looking to work with a recruiter, direct candidates only, please. Qualified candidates please send resumes - a degree is nice but real-world experience is MUCH more important. If you are confident in your skills on the Java platform and you want a company with a good mixture of stability and exciting projects, apply today!
What you should be:
- Willing to take active ownership and accountability for all assigned projects
- Can handle a task through final delivery, meeting all timeline milestones and delivering within the approved budgets
Required skills and knowledge:
- At least 3 years of development experience with work samples
- High-level of JAVA/JSP proficiency
- Setup and maintenance of JBoss application servers (6, 7, and 8)
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Oracle databases
- Spring or other similar JAVA frameworks
- Interfacing with third-party APIs (Google Maps API)
- Version control systems (GIT)
- Grails experience in a production environment would be a BIG bonus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fast learner and a self-starter
Also, experience with the following would be a bonus:
- GIS data manipulation (in PostgreSQL and Oracle)
- Responsive Web Design
- Experience with CSS3 and/or LESS CSS
- PHP + Symfony 1.4 and/or 2.0
- Nginx and Apache
- ApostropheCMS 1 and/or 2
- Phonegap/Phonegap Build
- iOS and Android development
- Drupal 7 and/or 8