Currently two openings for java developers-- one mid-senior, and one senior with some lead experience. Both are backend development positions, and candidates must have experience working with Java 1.8, Spring Boot, and any experience with cloud technology is preferred, although not required! These can sit 100% remote, but must be located in the U.S.
- Work with a small team of engineers, to ensure product delivery and best engineering practices.
- Develop solutions to scale our data ingestion platform
- Build analytics solutions and infrastructure to support new insights in product and derive detailed analysis on our massive datasets.
- Setup continuous delivery process to enable continuous iteration on solutions.
- Work in an agile, highly collaborative and agile environment with a lean team.
- Customize and adapt to engineering best practices tools and applications like JIRA, Confluence, Eclipse etc.
- Help support team in resolving the customer issues related to the product.
- Lead the creation of technical design documents and lead the communication of the architectural vision across functional areas.
- Review code, lead refactoring activities, provide guidance from technical perspective for all SE members of a project.
- Define and maintain coding standards, and guide team members to comply with them.
- Train and mentor new team members.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
· BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5-8 years Java experience building solutions that are performant with big data sets.
- 5+ years experience with writing high performance SQL.
- In-depth understanding of user authentication flows and session management
- Strong experience working with GitFlow
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with and refactoring existing code
- Solid understanding of application vulnerabilities and security
- Experience in Dev-Ops
- Experience working in a team utilizing an agile approach
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, motivational, and facilitation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technical field; equivalent experience will be considered
- Strong, proven problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly analyze the most expedient method to recover business operations
- Must be committed to a culture of continuous improvement
- Exceptional customer service skills, in addition to extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with users, executives and senior leaders at all levels
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Passionate about technology.
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with individuals with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (e.g., partnering, conflict management, mediation, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Loves to explain the technology and has a gift for concisely explaining complex topics
- Mentor and train team members