Title: Senior Copywriter
Location: Nationwide remote opportunity (Must accommodate PST hours!)
Term: 6-month open-ended contract
Pay: $85,000 - $90,000 DOE (Weekly pay)
Monday - Friday (30 - 40 hours / week)
We are seeking a Senior Copywriter to join our Marketing team. This talented and seasoned creative will support the voice of our client's brand across all customer touchpoints with a heavy focus on acquisition. They will be able to reach millions each month with their brand-forward, conversion-driven copy. They will work side-by-side with our team of designers and marketers to support the growth of our client's brand, and the purchase of our products.
- Conception, execution, and refinement of direct response, conversion marketing for integrated, cross channel communications including:
- Website initiatives, online and offline advertising, email communications, and targeted landing pages based on strategic marketing journeys
- Accurately and effectively communicate our clients brand across all marketing efforts, corporate communications, and product experiences
- Lead and execute on all copywriting efforts for promotional marketing campaigns supporting acquisition, engagement, and retention, including: Concepting, writing, editing, and reviewing copy for email, display, (PPC), social, web, print.
- Contribute to concepting and strategizing of go-to-market plans, integrated marketing campaigns, lead capture campaigns, lead nurture and customer retention funnels
- Contribute to the optimization of the user/customer experience on our website for existing and new marketing/product offerings
- Present and champion both conceptual ideas and finished deliverables to the marketing team, creative director, and other directors with a strong ability to 'sell' and influence the underlying strategy and direction
- Create A/B tests/experiments for various marketing assets (website, email, landing pages, PPCdisplay, etc.) and adjust messaging to maximize KPIs
- Proofread all messaging before it goes to market, ensuring that the copy is accurate, aligned with brand identity, has strong calls to action, and that proper grammar/spelling is used (includes copy reviews for other departments)
- Continually seek out market research, specific audience profiles, and competitor audits to better position the company as the premier solution in the space
- Write copy for industry events (i.e. print materials, postcards, brochures, flyers, booths, etc.)
- Write marketing video scripts, and participate in the storyboarding of videos
- Optimize webpages, product names, and product descriptions for SEO
- Write product descriptions for continuing education courses along with supporting marketing assets
- Oversee and manage freelance copywriters, providing them strategic direction, necessary assets, and constructing all reviews of their work.
- Engage in our products and offerings to develop a strong understanding of our business and our position in the market
- Develop an understanding for basic health and fitness principles, the health and fitness industry, the obesity epidemic, and the role that qualified professionals play in helping people live their most fit lives
- Maintain a commitment to and align with our client's mission, vision, values, and programs
- Digital marketing needs for consumer brands experience is a MUST***
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- 7 - 10 years of writing experience for eCommerce brands, including a strong portfolio in the understanding and application of strategic communications, brand positioning, and direct response that drives conversions and brand affinity across a variety of mediums in short- and long-form
- A direct response, conversion copy background is preferred
- Strong command of the English language (including spelling, grammar, punctuation)
- Intimate knowledge of AP style guide
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles for varied projects with diverse audiences
- Acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, self-starter and ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to manage projects and people with an always positive, encouraging, and outgoing attitude
- Ability to pass an editing and/or writing test (strong proofreading skills are required)
- Experience working collaboratively with other writers, designers, marketers, and social media strategists.Please send updated resume for consideration!
'TargetCW is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, nationality, religious belief, or sexual orientation.