As a member of the Outside Sales Development team, participates in developing strategies to differentiate the Follett value proposition. Is responsible for increasing market share, school acquisition and retention. Works with sales and operations teams to provide channel feedback and input. Directly manages school district relationships and high value account strategies and establishes proper and effective communication and collaboration across the company to ensure proper priority and visibility is maintained relative to customer needs and sales execution requirements.
This is a remote position for the midwest territory.
SCHOOL ACQUISITIONS & RETENTION -
* Actively pursue the acquisition and retention of in-market schools.
* Identify district level contacts partnering with inside sales team.
* In conjunction with Manager, Sales Development, develop a marketing and strategic/regional development plan specific for district/school acquisition & retention, including attendance at local, regional, national conferences, tradeshows and sales meetings.
* Participate in and implement processes specific to district/school meetings, webinars, conferences and virtual meetings.
* Manage assigned territory, liaison with sales management and internal departments responding and following up with customers as needed.
* Track individual sales metrics/success rates of lead generation, school acquisition and retention conversion.
MAINTAIN AND DEMONSTRATE MARKET KNOWLEDGE AND RELEVENCE -
* Participate in industry events, conferences, training and development activities, cross functional initiatives and other obligations as designated.
* Stays abreast of current book fair trends that impact sales, especially in assigned sales territory, and can develop and apply effective strategies to leverage market knowledge to achieve goals.
* Stay current on products/services across Follett Book Fair (FBF) and Follett School Solutions Group (FSSG) by attending and actively participating in training courses as well as self-education.
* Demonstrates ability to research, prepare and develop sales strategy in advance of scheduled meetings, conferences and other client obligations, based upon market knowledge.
CUSTOMER INTERACTION AND TRANSACTION MANAGEMENT -
* Develop and maintain relationships within our targeted school channel with on-going sales growth and expanded selling channels as needed.
* Liaison with Library/Content Representatives, technical support, sales management and other internal departments as requested.
* Execution of channel strategies to expand our visibility and increase our overall Follett engagement levels across diverse revenue channels.
* Manage all customer interactions in CRM system with effective and accurate sales advancement documenttion, including customer data base updates.
* Is an active participant in all scheduled team meetings and sales functions.
PROGRAMS & INITIATIVES -
* Support the implementation and execution of strategic organizational initiatives.
* Adopt and implement initiatives as designated ensuring 100% resource compliant.
* Provide input and support roll-out and execution of marketing programs, sales campaigns, promotions, partner integration, customer initiatives, pilot programs and product activities.
* Collaborate with general sales organization to ensure seamless execution in channels, alignment of execution strategies, and achievement of collective sales targets and objectives.
* Ensures all company values are upheld and policies are adhered to.
* 5-7 years of relevant experience
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent
* Previous sales experience with thorough knowledge of strategic account management.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management, decision-making, presentation and organizational skills.
* Ability to manage post-sales/implementation activities.