Seeking a QA for a full remote opportunity with a top client. See details below and apply at Modis.com today!
The Quality Analyst is responsible for creating, implementing and automating testing in support of software test requirements. The Quality Analyst s role is to develop, maintain and enhance the test automation inventory and automation infrastructure. In addition, the Quality Analyst will execute and report on tests conducted and manage resulting defects, regress systems under test, assist development with replicating and debugging problems and develop new test automation solutions as needed.
- Perform manual and automated tests in support of software test requirements.
- Develop templates and execute tests scripts in tandem with development efforts within a given sprint during the development lifecycle.
- Create automated testing framework.
- Perform regression testing as needed for mobile and web applications.
- Contribute to the design, process, policy and procedures for software quality analysis, testing and feedback.
- Document defects and collaborate with the development team on managing test results and feedback to developers.
- Design regression and automated testing libraries to improve overall time to market and reuse of testing tools.
- Maintain balance of business and technical acumen in decision making.
- Must demonstrate good decision making and effective business acumen.
- Must be able to communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Must have a growth mindset and subscribe to a continuous learning philosophy.
- Demonstrate expertise and mastery in your area of technology and industry.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Required Education and Experience
- 7+ years professional experience performing quality analysis integrated with the software development lifecycle.
- 1+ years professional experience performing software development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the following:
- C#, .NET (Standard and Core)
- Relational Databases (SQL Server preferred)
- Web Services (SOAP, XML, JSON, REST)
- ASP.NET MVC and Web API
- Expert knowledge of toolsets such as:
- QA Tools: Selenium, SoapUI, Mercurial, Test Complete, BrowserStack, or like
- Source Control: Git or like
- Work Request Systems: TFS, Jira
- Ability to create an automated testing framework
- Ability to write clearly defined and articulate test cases
- Ability to collaborate, validate and prioritize requirements for projects and request
- Ability to properly assess and articulate risk
Preferred Education and Experience
B.S. or higher in computer science/technology field preferred or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent customer-service orientation
- Excellent writing skills
- Effective delegation of tasks and follow-up
- Lead technology assessments and author recommendations
- Knowledgeable of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Capable of meeting deadlines and focuses on results and value creation
- Capable of professionally resolving team issues/conflicts
- Works well with customers and vendors, knows when and how hard to push to maintain a stable and reliable environment
- Capable of leading research into application development issues to successful completion
- Self-motivated and directed
- Capable of prioritizing and execution of tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and regulations preferred (PCI, PII, PHI, HIPAA, GDPR, ADA, etc.)
If you think that you would be a good fit for the Remote Quality Analyst role physically located in Knoxville, TN, but open to remote possibilities then apply online at Modis.com today for immediate consideration!
- provided by Dice