At Picus, we empower organizations to identify imminent threats, take the most viable defense actions and help business understand cyber risks to make the right decisions.
We are a fast growing startup with a great team, a validated business model and we have an amazing opportunity for global growth. Picus was founded in Ankara in 2014 and now has offices in Istanbul, London and San Francisco.
About the Role:
This is an amazing opportunity where you get to drive the messaging and go-to-market of a fast growing cyber security startup: Picus. We are looking for great energy, willingness to succeed and an open mind to create a top cyber security vendor together. We need you to learn from the experts, be the best you can be and shake the status quo!
The product marketing team (PMM) drives our communication and content to our customers, partners and direct sales teams and is essential to the overall success of the product. We're looking to grow our team to support the high growth and global expansion plans of Picus. With this role, you'll get a chance to work with seasoned cyber security, sales and marketing professionals at a fast-paced startup environment. You will be constantly challenged and you will get to develop your knowledge and skills in cyber security marketing for a software vendor.
Effective content is essential to the demand generation process for both new and install-base customers. You'll help drive development of external content including webinars, website messaging, product collateral, research studies, and whitepapers targeted at customers and partners. You'll need to keep an eye out for new trends in content, plan ahead multiple quarters for content, and execute flawlessly to ensure your content is driving demand.
- Drive the messaging for our offerings and keep the essentials (datasheets, web site, customer facing decks) up-to-date.
- Develop compelling messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Create exciting and innovative content to feed our demand generation engine in nurture streams and on social media.
- Gain market knowledge-become an expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape-understand our competition and how they are positioned.
- Work alongside our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Strong understanding of cyber security knowledge is a big plus.
- Solid writer and editor who can bring out the value of our technology and products.
- Strong understanding of how to leverage social media channels such as LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Self-starter and strong team player who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and work on a broad variety of tasks.
- Proficient in using existing and adopting new business productivity tools including Google for Business and Microsoft Office
Education and Experience:
- College degree in Marketing/Business/English related area.
- Strong understanding of technology, large enterprise software, and cyber security challenges faced by commercial organizations.
- 5 years of B2B software product marketing experience.