Marketing - Channel Marketer & Writer
[Location -- San Francisco, CA or remote West Coast]
Genetics is the future of medicine—and Invitae is at the forefront. For decades, researchers have focused on advancing our understanding of the human genome. We've now reached the point where genetics is having a real impact on medical care. Join us as we reinvent genetic testing, bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medical practice to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
Invitae seeks a writer and content creator to persuasively tell our story on social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram) as well as a variety of other channels. In this role, you will share Invitae's vision and the benefits of genetic information (as well as the process of genetic testing) with the general public, people undergoing testing, medical professionals ordering testing, and more.
What's it like at Invitae? Ours is a highly collaborative environment where you're given the freedom to approach your work in the ways you think are best. You'll work alongside seriously smart thinkers who believe that telling great stories can change the world. This is a team that's genuinely dedicated to improving healthcare by putting patients ahead of profits.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Play an important role in Invitae's content strategy, influencing how Invitae presents itself to the world.
* Spend 30% of your time drafting social content that's compelling, creative, on-brand, and highly shareable.
* Spend 70% of your time writing for a variety of marketing projects, combining creative writing with strategic insights to craft inspiring and effective narratives as you develop web copy, digital ads, emails, video scripts, brochures, and more.
* Write in various styles, from playful and clever to clear and scientific—but always compelling.
* Write for various audiences, including the general public, patients undergoing testing, and medical professionals ordering testing.
* Work closely with Invitae's marketing communications and social media teams to amplify our brand story.
* Juggle a large number of projects efficiently, effectively, and independently.
* Communicate status of ongoing projects and effectively prioritize incoming requests.
* Work closely with people from all corners of the organization, including executive management.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
* You're a strategic and experienced content writer and wrangler, with a strong portfolio spanning social media, web copy, educational and patient/consumer materials, digital ads, marketing emails, video scripts, clinician brochures, and more.
* You are highly skilled at translating complex scientific and medical topics into crisp, engaging, compelling copy easily digestible by diverse audiences. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of genetics.
* You combine strategic insights with creative writing to create a compelling story that expresses the right messages for the right audiences.
* You are resourceful, inspired, and self-driven—a strategic thinker who adds value to every project rather than simply delivering what's requested.
* You thrive in a collaborative environment, are a resolution-builder, and a progress maker.
* You have the desire to be challenged and to learn something new every day.
* You have strong project management skills and can work under tight deadlines and track multiple projects efficiently and independently.
* You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention on every detail and the ability to edit your own work with an exceptional eye for spelling, grammar, syntax, structure, and voice.
* Minimum 3 years of experience.
* Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, life sciences, or related field.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.