Title: Mainframe Cobol Programmer
Location: Milwaukee WI or REMOTE
Duration: 6 Months plus extensions
We are looking for a Programmer Analyst II for client conversion activity and support for EFT Processing. Candidate should have experience with Metavante or in the banking/financial field. Must have experience supporting applications without direct oversight.
COBOL in an IBM environment either under VSE or MVS
Analytical Skills (i.e. not a ''coding clerk'')
Several years programming in Cobol for a company
Competency with Microsoft Products Suite
IBM Mainframe Tools
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, or develops new, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a complex, large-scale mainframe computer system.
- Verifies completeness and accuracy of, develops and/or executes, technical specifications for multiple major projects to be estimated (e.g., report changes, control file changes, file fixes).
- Conducts research and documents findings and recommendations by using analytical problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnostic tools..
- Maintains and develops batch application conversion programs.
- Codes programs that interface with multiple applications.
- Provides applications development and support and utilizes troubleshooting and diagnostic tools.
- Researches and designs system modules, program enhancements and modifications to existing programs or modules.
- Creates documents that communicate complex technical information to audiences of all levels.
- Researches and analyzes data processing practices and procedures and developing solutions and recommendations for improvement.
- Conducts research and documents findings and recommendations by using analytical problem solving.
- Manage multiple projects with various degrees of complexity within a desired timeframe.
- Communication, written and oral, to a wide array of audience from bank personnel, management, functional and technical.
- Work with and support internal and external suppliers and peers to complete conversion and support activity.
- Complete assigned items with thoroughness and independence.
- 3-5 years COBOL programming experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in Information Technology or a related discipline
- 5-7 years experience professional experience with a minimum of 3-5 years of full life cycle development experience and 3-5 years programming experience in financial services or a related industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of appropriate operating systems, programming languages, and development tools
- In-depth knowledge of applications/development methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of structured programming technology for structured language environment
- Ability to assess requirements, alternatives, and risks/benefits for projects of any scope
- Ability to operate effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Skill to understand and focus on the clients' needs and goals, and to establish credibility and build relationships with clients, both internal and external
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and clients.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize.
TalentBurst is an award winning IT, Accounting & Finance staffing firm headquartered in Boston with offices in San Francisco, Miami, Milwaukee, Toronto, Bangalore, and Gurgaon. Our clients include the leading social media, technology, banks, utilities, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies.
We work with 75 of the Fortune 500 companies. Our recruiting team is one of the most successful in the industry and has a strong reputation for treating our employees well and helping you find your next dream project.
At TalentBurst, one of our founding principles has been to provide our employees with the best benefits available. Benefits we have available include:
• Health, Dental, and Vision Plan
• 401(k) Plan
• Life Insurance
• Immigration assistance
• Credit Union Membership
• Direct Deposit
• Vacation pay (only for FTEs)