Performs application architecture and design, development and maintenance programming, technology tool assessments, and associated tasks for application systems, including integrated software and hardware application configurations. Directs and participates in software/hardware releases and installation tasks. Performs as an expert technical resource to clients and development staff in all phases of major system and subsystem development, implementation and post-implementation processes. Acts as subject matter expert on IT technical and process capabilities.
- Participates in and may direct the analysis of efficient, cost effective application solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements.
- Performs and may direct software coding, testing, debugging, documentation and installation tasks for on-line and batch processes in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards.
- Analyze business processes in order to define application functional requirements and technical specifications.
- Guides, formulates, and contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
- Participates in and may direct problem definition and problem resolution activities.
- Coordinates with internal departments to provide associated deliverables required for successful completion of development and maintenance assignments (e.g., database development, job scheduling, CICS support, network support, help desk orientation, client implementation readiness, etc.).
- Conduct client interviews to perform analysis of client business processes and functional requirements. Prepares appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Participates in client committees and may coordinate client involvement in development and maintenance tasks as needed.
- Responsible for knowledge transfer to staff. May review technical work of staff.
- May provide on-call support. May coordinate on-call response efforts as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
General Job Information
Lead / Sr. Java Software Engineer - REMOTE
Info Technology Group
United States of America
United States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date
Date Requisition Created
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
5+ years related experience including a minimum of 2+ years designing, building and deploying software in IT.
Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.