Kirschbaum Development Group, a boutique software engineering firm focused on solving interesting and complex business problems for our clients, is seeking a Lead Developer - Laravel to work on a variety of projects ranging from SaaS products and e-commerce sites, to building out API’s and architecting backend tools. Candidate works REMOTELY.
We are proud to be partnered with Laravel.
What is important to us...
We are a small team of highly skilled people. Aside from will, dedication, and ambition, our biggest asset is our ability to learn and grow. People don’t pay us because we have all the answers. They pay us because we solve problems quickly and effectively. We embrace modern technology as well as tried and true development practices and principles from the past. We bring cautiousness and stability to our work. We are honest, hardworking, and passionate. We value people and relationships over processes and tools. We view ourselves as master crafters who respect and honor the importance and significance of what we do.
We believe that happy people make better decisions, write better code, and make great products. Team members will stay with us longer when they feel valued, feel like what they do matters, and feel like they have a say in the process.
We value personal and professional growth and prefer to work with people who have shown they will be invested in and committed to their own growth as individuals and professionals.
If these things are important to you, we encourage you to read on and consider applying. We would love to talk!
In addition to the details outlined below, a successful candidate will have expert level understanding and experience with Object Oriented Programming, will be self motivated, have a love for learning and new technology, and able to lead and mentor others.
The ideal candidate will be a full-stack web application developer (talented on both frontend and backend) who has a knack for problem solving and critical thinking. We are looking for someone with experience architecting solutions and breaking business requirements down into achievable technical tasks. Experience with pair programming, code review, and developing team best practices is also important. Must be able to work Eastern Standard Time hours between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Great benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Company Computer
- Personal Budget for Books/Conferences
- Year-end Bonus
- Show excellent judgement in architecting and planning applications and features at all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Interact effectively with clients to determine project needs and develop solutions
- Attention to detail and the ability to consistently deliver quality work
- Takes overall accountability for keeping the project clean and organized. This includes identifying next steps, clarifying unclear tickets, and breaking larger tickets into smaller and more manageable tasks.
- Takes professional accountability for getting things done. Does whatever it takes to make things happen, or gives advance warning if things aren’t going well so we can arrange for help.
- Understands successful concepts in UI, UX, design cleanliness, and design balance, and takes appropriate action to resolve situations where minimum standards are not being met.
- Takes overall accountability for the quality of code we write on a project.
- Takes overall accountability for the stability of a project.
- Ensures all team members on the project are clear on their tasks and have sufficient work for the day/week.
- Keeps the team laser focused on our objectives and helps to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Runs project meetings when a delivery manager / scrum master is not on meetings.
- Reviews code carefully and provides constructive feedback.
- Responsible for keeping a production deployment path clear, and ensures that they are not a bottleneck for deployments.
- Full Stack - architectural design and development of web applications
- Use Laravel, Vue.js, and Angular.js to work on a variety of projects such as SaaS products and E-Commerce sites
- Experience in a lead developer role, including:
- 5+ years experience with PHP
- 3+ years experience with Laravel
- 3+ years experience with application design/architecture
- Advanced understanding of HTML, CSS, and JQuery
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Advanced experience/knowledge of database architecture and design
- History/knowledge of successful development workflows
- History/knowledge of successful team workflows
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Good communication and writing skills
- An eye for detail and a commitment to quality work
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous customer service and client communication experience preferred
- Must be able to work Eastern Standard Time hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please do not call the office or send hard copy resumes. We carefully consider every application, but we can only accept applications made through this site.Company DescriptionKirschbaum Development Group is a boutique software engineering firm focused on solving interesting and complex business problems for our clients.
We typically work with a small number of clients using a collaborative approach and leading edge technologies. Our customers range from small startups to some of the largest companies in the world in developing products, streamlining processes and creating better channels of communication to their customers. Additionally, we build our own SaaS products and are always working on new tools and products to improve solution delivery.
We are proud to be partnered with Laravel. Click the link to learn more about our partnership: https://laravel.com/partner/kirschbaum-development-group