Join our revolution! As a large, well-established company, Zions Bancorporation's technology division is about to revolutionize technology in ways smaller companies can't. We're making unprecedented changes for technology that the banking industry has never seen, all with the gorgeous backdrop of Utah's Silicon Slopes.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who wants to contribute in the successful design, implementation, rollout, adoption, and maturation of the DevOps pipeline for Zions Bancorporation DevOps transformation vision. This position will ideally be in Salt Lake City, but we are open to remote workers.
This position will initially be responsible for converting Urban Code Deploy workflows to a Xebia Labs XL Deploy model. Additional responsibilities would include helping to engineer enterprise solutions on the Release Engineering team. Helping to create and maintain automated solutions spanning the code management, build, package, deploy and delivery functions of DevOps. Solutions design and development may include integrations, plugins, tool customizations and configurations, extensions, scripts, designs, and models.
In this role, youll work collaboratively with all roles and teams in the IT organization to ensure requirements are understood and met. You will also participate in administration and troubleshooting of solutions, systems, and processes. Other duties as assigned.
- Designing and migrating deployment workflows and models.
- Source Code repository management (SCM) including branch management.
- Creating, administering and maintaining automated solutions for:
- Building code/compilation strategies
- Packaging and Versioning with artifact management strategies
Deployment including product configuration strategies
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and applications
- Suggesting and implementing approved tools architecture improvements.
- Recommending and implementing approved process and procedure improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Create, administer, and maintain certain integration point solutions with other systems or data streams.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years of direct experience with Development/Operations delivery pipeline activities
- Ability to stand up a CI pipeline in one or more industry standard tools (e.g. Jenkins, TFS, Bamboo, etc.)
- Strong background in Windows and Linux/Unix Administration
- 2+ years of experience with at least one Deploy/Release toolset (eg. Octopus Deploy, TFS, Udeploy, XebiaLabs, Electric Cloud, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience of database admin basics (e.g. SQL and MySQL)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available services
- Requires in-depth knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid organizational, time management and judgment skills
- Solid technical and project leader skills
- Experience with change management and/or deploying enterprise distributed systems in a production environment.
- Experience with deployment of database changes in parallel with applications
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience working in Agile team environment. Understands Agile with Scrum team concepts in practice.