What matters most to you? Is it being a part of a strong team? Supporting your family? Solving global problems? You can do these and more at Caterpillar; where your work enables progress around the globe and you contribute to meaningful work. Together, we can build what matters.
The Electric Power Division has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant to the Vice President. As an Executive Assistant at Caterpillar, you will provide advanced administrative support and relief of administrative detail to company executives, availing them the additional time for their top management responsibilities.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Contribute to the efficient use of the executive's time by relieving the executive of those administrative details capable of being delegated
* Perform a multitude of highly complex administrative tasks and provide full administrative support using superior knowledge of administrative functions
* Provide administrative assistance to support the executive in daily work, i.e., follow-up on deadlines and ensure information is available, communicate with people inside and outside the company, research and gather information, and complete projects and assignments
* Use discretion, judgment and initiative to continue the work responsibilities of the office when the executive is unavailable in an efficient and professional manner
* Maintain executive's calendar, schedules meetings requested, determine priorities when conflicts arise, consult with executive when necessary, process paper and electronic mail, prepare responses when appropriate and route mail which does not require executive's attention
* Ensure travel and lodging accommodations as required by the executive. Tend to all the details involved with executive's visits to Caterpillar domestic and overseas facilities and to other companies and unions. Coordinate visits of customers, dealers and officials, coordinate travel on company aircraft, prepare expense books, and reconcile executive's expense statement
* Coordinate large conferences, special events involving customers, community leaders or business associates and employee and company events. Responsible for travel and lodging accommodations, arranging plant tours, product demonstrations, meals, etc.
* Operate a personal computer to type, schedule meetings, calendar events and activities, send and receive messages, and upload and download information using various software programs
* Act as gatekeeper and manage all communication between executive staff and the public; to include clients, customers, Boards, and staff members
* Experience supporting Executives in a global company
* Experience scheduling / coordinating global travel
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
* Bachelor's degree
* Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment to solve complex problems regarding prioritizing and scheduling projects and meetings
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Concur Expense Reporting experience
* Excellent oral and written communication and collaboration skills
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
Candidates will have the ability to work remotely for this position. However, preference will be given to candidates that are willing to relocate. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers (http://www.caterpillar.com/careers).
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.