Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Reviewed, part of the USA TODAY Network, is seeking an experienced full-time Email Marketing Manager to lead our email efforts. We are looking for someone who is highly knowledgeable on all digital media channels, specifically email and newsletter metrics and platforms.
This position is responsible for strategizing and executing the day-to-day management of all email marketing initiatives for Reviewed.
* Develop and execute strategies to maximize revenue through email communication.
* Manage email production process end to end: campaign scheduling, segmentation, creative development, email asset production, email vendor management and post-deployment analysis, and working with dedicated analysts.
* Meet with GM to plan email campaigns that support the overall business objectives.
* Work with internal product and editorial teams, as well as external resources, to manage and optimize effective email design and content.
* Create regular strategic data-driven testing of customer email programs to maximize campaign performance.
* Drive email innovation through customer segmentation & personalization strategies.
* Maintain / update email performance reports. Analyze performance and create recommendations to optimize channel performance.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Results-driven email expert
* Metrics expert
* Sleeves-rolled-up kind of person
* Highly organized and detail-oriented
* Highly knowledgeable in all things email marketing
* Experienced with online monitoring and tracking tools, including Google Analytics and Adobe and email tools like Mailchimp
* Experience with editorial and/or retail email marketing
* Familiarity with email best practices, industry trends, CAN-SPAM, CASL, and GDPR
* Ability to analyze and understand large sums of data
* Some HTML skills required
* Strong problem-solving skills and ability to implement changes rapidly that positively impact marketing performance
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
* Highly motivated, resourceful and self-directed with the ability to deliver under pressure
* Ability to be detailed oriented while seeing trends, themes, and macro-impacts
* Possess a strong knowledge base of the overall online and digital marketing realm and best practices
* 2-3 years experience managing email marketing and other digital media ROI driven campaigns required
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills
* Critical thinker with the ability to apply data and analytics to drive decision making and impact marketing analytics
* Skilled with Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
* Experience managing ROI driven campaigns, not just brand or engagement required
We are looking for candidates in Cambridge, MA and NYC, but remote will also be considered.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive compensation and a solid benefits package, including health, dental, matching 401k, PTO, and much more.
As a part of Reviewed, you'll also have a first look at cutting-edge tech and great new products.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That's where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 123 million monthly unique visitors.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
* Job FamilyWCS Optimization
* Job FunctionMarketing Solutions
* Pay TypeSalary
* Cambridge, MA, USA
* New York, NY, USA