We are sorry, but this job listing has expired.
Headquarters: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
All about you
You will be responsible for managing and implementing our email communications strategy. This is a department of 1, so you will be responsible for writing and scheduling all the content. However, we have an awesome writing team to help with edits and a talented in-house design team to help you execute your strategy.
You will be scheduling prepurchase and postpurchase emails, in-app notifications, helping to manage our promotional calendar, and working with design + dev to create a new email template from scratch. We use Intercom for both marketing automation and customer success, so any experience there would be helpful but not required.
A little about the Biteable culture
At Biteable we're committed to the happiness of our staff. We love it when everyone feels supported and we doubly love it when everyone feels empowered to create. The Biteable team is scattered around the globe from Seattle to Tasmania, and lots of places in between. Our diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are the glue that binds us.
We treat each other like adults and we set our own schedules. We also recognize that families are part of our daily lives and we like that they often turn up on our video calls.
- Write all emails.
- Schedule emails according to a content calendar.
- Create complex segments and filters.
- Schedule and send emails for the next quarter.
- Work with design team to create editable templates in Intercom .
- Help with email validation set up.
- Own prepurchase and postpurchase onboarding flows.
- Rewrite winback campaigns.
- Test and validate concepts against holdout groups in Intercom.
- Communicate frequently throughout the week in Slack and Notion.
- Have flexible availability (we work with a distributed team)
- Be available during US business hours.
- This is a part-time, contract role.
- Flexible hours: We're not your typical 9 to 5. While we still expect you to be available throughout the day, we're family friendly and believe in work/life harmony.
- Limited meetings: We believe in documenting our work and progress in Notion, a team note taking app. That means you're not stuck relaying information in meetings every day of the week.
- Transparent leadership: We have a flat organization and your direct manager is always available to chat, as is most of the rest of the team, timezones permitting.
All about us
We are Biteable, a tech start-up that makes (jaw-dropping) videos possible for everyone. We stand apart in our market thanks to our dedication to studio-quality content and our passion for simplicity.
Since our launch in 2014 we’ve:
- Created a community of over 7 million users
- Rendered more than 10 million videos
- Raised $3.9 million in venture capital
We’re growing fast and have offices in Melbourne and Hobart, Australia, with remote team members scattered around the world. We are informal, structurally flat, and fun to work with.
All about our culture
We are committed to the happiness of our team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We like it when everyone feels supported and free to create.
Our team members genuinely care about each other and define themselves as rigorous, respectful, open, supportive, honest, and egoless. Here are a few quotes that we didn’t make up:
“I’m thankful for the flexibility Biteable gives me around my family commitments. I
really like that my team is open to new ideas and processes. And I enjoy that I get
to work on a variety of problems with a mix of people with diverse areas of
“The development team is a great group of people. They’re smart and interested
in doing high-quality work, but foster a social and supportive atmosphere, too.”
“Biteable's team of smart, funny, engaged and caring people makes my work here
enjoyable, every day. Being close to decisions and decision-makers helps me
make an impact on our work.”
We want you to start soon. Apply via the link below, with your CV and a short cover letter about why you and Biteable fit together.
We’ll review your application and then set up informal interviews with a handful of candidates. We've got our fingers crossed that you're one of them — we're rooting for you.