As a full-time member of the Aite Group editorial team reporting to Aite Group's managing editor, you will edit and help to finalize written Aite Group publications and client-facing collateral. The ideal candidate brings proven written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate constructive feedback to authors. This candidate is punctual and dependable, and understands the nuances of grammar and style. This role can be performed remotely, and the perfect candidate is truly self-motivated and able to work independently.
This position includes the following duties:
* Adhering to Aite Group house style, proofreads final copy (reports, consulting deliverables) for glaring grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors; inconsistencies between charts and text; and formatting issues
* Edits initial report drafts and Excel charts to improve readability; mitigate inconsistencies in usage, style, and content; and eliminate errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling
* Provides light copy edit on blog posts, analyst PowerPoint decks, sales documents, and surveys
* Contributes to creating and enforcing standards and consistency across reports; tracks usage by adding to Aite Group Style Guide
* Teaches writing skills and helps writers to improve their writing
* Performs other duties deemed necessary by Aite Group's managing editor, including administrative editorial and other staff-support tasks, Excel chart assistance, and date and fact verification
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
* Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills, great tact, and an eagle eye
* Has experience working with technical or business writing and holds a basic understanding of statistical information
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, experience with templates and graphics a plus
* Familiar with the Associated Press Stylebook and the Chicago Manual of Style
* Able to juggle multiple priorities and liaise with subject-matter experts globally across eight disparate financial services practices
* Available to work full time
* Has a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant field
Aite Group believes its success depends on the human and professional qualities of its employees. Aite Group seeks well-rounded, personable individuals who can both work independently with minimal supervision and excel in a team-oriented environment. We welcome inquiring minds and provocative thinkers who, in addition to closely following their own sector, keep current with domestic and global social, economic, and political trends and issues.
Aite Group has high expectations for the individuals it attracts and is committed to offering these individuals a professional and rewarding environment. Aite Group is an equal opportunity employer.