We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and collaborative Web Developer that will work closely with the Marketing and IT teams to identify and prioritize opportunities to enhance the pc/nametag website.
Because we recruit the most talented people with proven track records, pc/nametag, Inc. continues to experience unprecedented growth while fostering a culture that values and rewards the high-quality work of each employee. We take great stock in individuals who bring ideas to the table while also working collaboratively toward a well-executed plan, one that turns possibilities into highly successful results.
In this new role you will be responsible for the technical development of the pc/nametag website—providing full cycle project leadership including architecture, database design/programming and Magento development, while building site layouts and UI elements.
At pc/nametag each employee is valued. Customer service is not only vital to keeping our customers happy, but for our employees as well. We enjoy a variety of soft perks, some of our favorites are weekly catered lunches, the yearly UW Badger football game and the variety of holiday celebrations like Mardi Gras and Halloween - all while working together to successfully grow pc/nametag®.
- Identify technical needs and gather specifications and requirements for efficient updates
- Write documented, quality code using best development practices that can undergo extensive testing
- Responsible for deploying, maintaining, and scaling the pc/nametag website
- Integrate data from SQL databases and other back-end services.
- Keep up with industry trends and apply them into operations and activities when necessary
- Associates degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field; or 5 years of equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of PHP experience
- 7 years of web development experience
- Open to on-site or remote work with occasional office visits
- Strong grasp of git version control
- Experience with running applications in a continuous integration environment
- Regression and unit testing with PHPUnit
- Familiarity with developing and consuming REST and SOAP APIs
- Must be comfortable working on complex Linux systems for administration and debugging as needed
- Ability to convert business needs into implemented features
- Analyze, design, code, debug, test, document, deploy and provide ongoing support for web applications, owning the entire feature-request to deployment pipeline.
- Experience administering LAMP-stack applications in a highly-available cluster.
What we offer:
pc/nametag® operates within the Avery® North America division of CCL Industries Inc., a world leader in specialty label and packaging solutions for global corporations, small businesses and consumers. Here in Verona, WI, we feature the best of both worlds—the culture of a 80-employee community backed by the strength and success of a growing global network. Our employees are our greatest asset, and we make sure they know it. We offer:
- Excellent compensation commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefit package including 401K, health, dental and more
- Mid-sized company culture that values individual contribution
- Many “soft perks” such as catered lunches during our busy season, outings, free DVD/Blu-ray library, etc.
To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.pcnametag.com. Please email your resume to email@example.com and indicate Web Developer in the subject line. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free workplace.