Bliss Lawyers is seeking to hire a Director of Finance
Bliss Lawyers is a fast growing, disruptive model in the legal space, an alternative to traditional law firms that began as a legal secondment firm, led by three founding partners. We hire exceptional lawyers to work on temporary engagements for in-house legal departments and law firms. With a national network of nearly 20,000 lawyers, we have expanded to also provide temp-to-perm engagements as well as direct hire placements. Since our founding in 2011, the business has rapidly expanded to service clients across the country. Bliss Lawyers runs from a virtual platform with all operating personnel working remotely, providing cost savings to its clients and generous pay packages to its employees. Bliss Lawyers is a certified majority women-owned business. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Finance will be responsible for the financial operations, reporting, accounting and payroll functions for Bliss Lawyers, a privately held company. Bliss Lawyers is seeking an individual who is hands-on, analytic, diligent, detail-oriented, and energetic.
This is a full-time position that will be performed remotely; however, the successful candidate must be able to travel to the New York City area on a regular basis. Preference will be given to candidates in the greater tri-state area. Compensation is competitive, with benefits.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with at least five years of experience in accounting.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Manage relationships with accounting firms and banks.
- Manage QuickBooks including daily entries, payments, accruals and payroll journal entries.
- Oversee company payroll and benefits administration and liaise with Bliss employees on these issues.
- Manage invoicing, accounts receivable and collections.
- Deep, hands-on knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance, forecast and budgeting.
- Knowledge of cash and accrual accounting required.
- Provide additional accounting and financial duties as needed, including ad hoc reporting, sales reporting, business case support, etc.
- BA or BS in accounting, finance or economics.
- Experience working in start-up or early-stage companies is a plus.
- Familiarity with sales tax and nexus issues.