We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer with strong communication skills that can work closely with agencies and marketers to create and maintain campaign microsites. Responsibilities will include translation of design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. Additionally, this person will guide external agency developers to bring cutting edge web experiences to life in a complex digital ecosystem.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Collaborate with agencies and DXC Demand Gen and ABM Marketers to create and maintain campaign micro-sites.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills to guide agencies and help internal Marketers translate their visions to code that functions in a complex ecosystem.
- Five years of web development experience. This individual must be comfortable in a dual role where they will both write code and guide developers at agencies to ensure adherence with our standards.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, especially Git.
Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Dynamic Tag Manager, Launch, Target or Marketo is a plus.
- Ruby on Rails experience would also be a plus.
- This is a US based remote position. The bulk of the DXC teams and outside agencies this person will interact with are located in Europe and the United States (including California). Therefore, in order to deal with the highly collaborative nature of these types of projects, the work times must overlap at least roughly with the US East coast time zone.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field preferred
- Six or more years of programming or testing experience
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
- Programming skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Remote-home office