Shipyard is looking for a DevOps Engineer (Austin or Remote) to build and maintain our cloud-based workflow automation platform. You will ensure our environments are performant, scalable, and secure as we continue to rapidly grow. Since we are currently a small startup, you will be given the opportunity to make many of the decisions that affect the roadmap and product capabilities.
- You''ll help scale Shipyard as a best-in-class workflow automation platform for our users, making sure that this mission critical tool stays afloat.
- You''ll build improvements to performance and reliability of our backend and infrastructure — For example, you may develop a process to scale system resources across instances and clusters with differing resource allocations.
- You''ll proactively identify infrastructure issues by developing and/or leveraging monitoring and alerting tools.
- You''ll create strategies and roadmaps for features to help keep Shipyard secure and resilient.
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, you''ll help customers have the best possible experience with Shipyard, keeping you in sync with our customer''s biggest problems
What skills will you need to be successful?
- You have experience scaling production software. You''ve worked on a product experiencing rapid growth and understand what needs to be done to scale to the next level.
- You can readily learn most technologies as you go. To you, technologies are about tools and tradeoffs, not an ideology.
- You''re independently motivated and driven to solve tough problems for a growing startup.
- You care about the business implications of anything you build. You''re not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You''re familiar with version control systems like Github and continually work towards improving the team''s CI/CD.
- You understand the importance of infrastructure as code and use it to deploy and manage the entire stack.
- You have experience with AWS Services (EC2, CloudWatch, IAM, VPC, S3, etc.) and cloud monitoring and observability services.
- You''re fluent with technologies like Go, Docker, Terraform, and Postgres.
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Work from Anywhere with Wifi
- Competitive Salary
- Take Vacation as you Need It
- Top of the line health, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) with Employer Matching to help you save for the future.
- New laptop/equipment of your choice.