Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
We are the Digital Patient Experience software development team. We create new and innovative solutions that empower patients and healthcare providers to effectively manage all aspect of healthcare through mobile, web and interactive solutions revolutionizing healthcare engagement today. Our team creates a competitive advantage through dramatically improved productivity and customer satisfaction enabled through our software applications and delivered by a highly skilled and motivated full-cycle software development & support organization.
Our ideal candidate for this role will enhance and promote our DevOps culture by defining and reviewing the quality of our software design practices and development processes to reduce complexity and introduce new efficiencies and throughput in the delivery of our market leading healthcare management web and mobile application. Our architect will be hands-on working in conjunction with the Architect Team, influencing all areas of our software development, deployment and support processes. You will be designing and implementing structured solutions that align with technical, operational, and organizational standards and facilitate strategies specifically aligned with DevOps practices and methodologies. Our architect will be instrumental in selecting the correct technologies and DevOps engineering approaches applied to our solutions development to meet the company and customer s demands for high quality rapidly delivered applications.
Remote candidates will be considered. Will be required to travel to NY office on occasion.
- Re-define our development architecture by examining existing systems, defining new policies and executing new practices
- Assist development teams in the appropriate selection and use of technical frameworks, platforms and design patterns in the areas of configuration management, automated build, deployment, monitoring and server infrastructure
- Build new communication channels and bridge between development and operational teams bringing them together to work towards a common goal
- Work collectively with different teams, identify requirements, analyze and document DevOps solution options and gain consensus on requirements
- Demonstrable understanding of DevOps architecture principles and methods, technology and standards
- Develop and implement efficient DevOps solutions, model architecture based on business requirements
- Own DevOps design and development of end-to end solution and provide technical leadership for associated solution validation tests
- Lead development teams in a DevOps capacity, creating infrastructure as a code, evolving CI / CD and monitoring tools and processes
- Own and implement best practices for DevOps technical deliverables
- Review existing processes, eliminate anything unnecessary or redundant and automate those remaining
- Execute initiatives to reduce failure, improve troubleshooting, expand monitoring capabilities and manage technical operations across the entire infrastructure stack
- Conduct proof-of-concept tests to solve complex integration issues
- Work with other leads to coordinate and enforce change management, activation planning etc.
- Work with application vendors as necessary and incorporate them as possible in support of our applications and services
- Assist in program or project launch efforts, managing scalability and monitoring of production assets
- Assisting Project Management in planning technical aspects of projects
- Providing regular updates on project status
- Monitor the delivery of solutions between architecture, time, cost, and quality defining metrics for process improvement
- Bachelor s degree with a major in Computer Science, Mathematics, MIS or any related courses preferred
- DevOps certifications or related training preferred
- Certifications and related experience on MS Azure, AWS or RedHat a plus
- 4+ years relevant experience in the IT industry preferred
- 4-6 years experience as a senior technical leader or in an architect capacity
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps Engineering role, DevOps Architect role preferred
- Experience in facilitating DevOps initiatives within a large enterprise IT
- Experience with full scale DevOps Transformations, preferred
- Strong knowledge of Continuous integration-Continuous Delivery (CI-CD), DevOps concepts, tools and best practices
- Previous experience implementing DevOps and CI / CD solutions
- Strong knowledge of agile / scrum values and principles and the operational process
- Experience working in an agile /scrum environment and with cross functional team members
- Strong technical foundation including OS, virtualization, cloud computing, infrastructure automation, build tools, source code management tools, integration tools, security, containerization, scripting, web and application servers
- Strong automation skills and the ability to drive automation initiatives independent of automation tools
- Highly effective cross-functional skills working across our engineering and operational teams to ensure our systems and processes are secure, scalable, and reliable
- Strong knowledge in configuration management and solutions designed to maintain the integrity of our application deployment and management
- Practical experience in the application of Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Git, SQL / NoSQL
- Practical experience in scripting languages, e.g. Shell, PowerShell, Perl, Python, etc.
- Strong technical leadership, communication and presentation skills
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on call support
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a 'VEVRAA Federal Contractor' We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
- provided by Dice