Database Admin - PostgreSQL
This is a remote position
Our Fortune 100 healthcare client is seeking a motivated Associate DBA to join their growing Research and Development team.
The DBA will work in an agile team-focused environment to build developing exciting new technology platforms to better enable clinical practices and patient care. The technology directly aligns with patient health data and aims to drive better treatment decision support, higher clinical quality, a reduction in treatment variation, and approved affordability.
This is an immediate need that is looking to interview NOW! The first round of interviews with the hiring manager are scheduled for next week. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and personable individual with prior experience working with or handling data. If you are interested in gaining hands on database administration experience, please apply today to be considered for the opportunity.
What are the top 5-7 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
- Production support responsibilities include maximizing system availability, ensuring swift and complete database recovery, optimizing database and availability through ongoing maintenance, and ensure conformance to audit and operating standards;
- Design, implement and maintain all functions of database systems, including access, methods and time, device allocations, validation checks, organization, security, documentation, and statistical methodology. 90% database administration. 10% database design. along with other duties outlined in job description
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- + years of extension experience with Postgres Database administration and support
- Prior experience with Postgres performance tuning
- Experience in troubleshooting issues and addressing production problems immediately.
What skills/attributes are a must have?
- Expertise with UNIX shell scripts and commands
- Experience working on large scale, multiple team projects
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
- Experience is working with multiple Transactions and non-transaction databases.
- Experience in working with Hitachi (HID) backup tools.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.