DATA ENTRY ASSISTANT (part-time, temporary, flexible hours)
SUMMER SEARCH, SAN FRANCISCO
While young people from low-income communities – who are disproportionately young people of color – face systemic inequities in school, in the workforce, and in life, they possess unique strengths, resilience and tremendous potential. When provided with support and resources, these young people fulfill their potential and achieve success in school, work and life.
Through a combination of mentoring and transformative experiences, Summer Search supports young people to successfully transition from adolescence into adulthood. We aim to unleash the potential of our young people while also building a toolkit for navigating and challenging systemic barriers to higher education and career opportunities.
The Data Entry Assistant works as a support to our National Program Team by keeping our records and partnerships updated in our Salesforce platform. This hire will perform project-based tasks and will connect weekly with our Associate Director of Summer Programs to determine continuation or completion of projects.
Initial Project Overview
* Research information from Summer Program Partners via websites
* Outreach to Summer Program Partner staff via email or phone to gather information
* Save all documents gathered on internal SharePoint site
* Input all information gathered into CoPilot/Salesforce database
* Meet weekly to assess progress and determine project completion/continuation
Minimum Qualification Requirements
* Previous experience with Microsoft Office applications
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills
* Strong attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness
WHO YOU ARE
We are seeking someone with:
* EXPERIENCE: At least 1 year of work experience in an administrative, customer or technical support, or similar role.
* ORGANIZATION SKILLS: Experience managing projects efficiently and utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook to support their work.
* DATA ENTRY COMPETENCE: The ability to accurately input information from one source into another database.
* TEAMWORK: The ability and desire to work cooperatively with a close-knit team, with an understanding to how individual work product contributes to the overall success of the team. A "can do" attitude, responsiveness, and follow-through.
Additionally, all Summer Search staff bring a commitment to our mission of unleashing students' potential through mentoring and transformative experiences, as well as the ability to thrive in an environment that values excellence, gratitude, well-being, diversity, authenticity, and collaboration.
WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
This position is part-time, temporary project-based, with flexible hours. Our office hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Exact days and hours worked by this position are flexible. Work location is downtown San Francisco or remotely.
We are committed to staff learning, growth and development. Our investment includes:
* Competitive and transparent salaries. The salary for this position is $15/hour for up to 20 hours/week.
* Up to 5 sick days per year (pro-rated for hours worked) and holiday paid time off if scheduled to work on the day of the holiday.
* Individual, local, regional and national training
* A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization.
* An organizational culture that supports staff well-being and holistic self-care
* Ample opportunities to connect with the students and communities we serve
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
With a staff that cares deeply about social justice and equity, we believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds create a rich work environment and enhance our ability to pursue our mission.
We are committed to building an organization with raised consciousness in order to impact how we work with students, as well as how we work together as a team.
We hope you will join us as we continue to build a diverse organization that fosters a work environment where people from all backgrounds are welcomed and valued.
HOW TO APPLY
Click "Apply for this position" below to submit a resume and targeted cover letter that answers the question, "Why are you interested in the Data Entry Assistant role at Summer Search?" Please address your cover letter to Lindsey Roark Yee, Interim Vice President of Program.
SUMMER SEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER