We are sorry, but this job listing has expired.
Linux Academy is seeking a Customer Support Engineer to support our team and the thousands of students around the world who learn through us and our cloud technology. Our mission is to provide advanced training tools that increase skills and encourage critical thinking for advanced IT professionals. Linux Academy offers a full-featured training library with everything one needs to learn new skills and advance in ones career path. As we continue to grow at an unprecedented pace, we need to find the best talent around. Come join us and help build our team!
The Customer Support Engineer (CSE) ensures that all student and enterprise needs are promptly addressed by responding to issues on our platform.
Qualified candidates for this position must have a passion for excellence, continuous learning and technology, outstanding communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to readily build relationships with customers through multiple communication channels (email, chat, phone, etc). Additionally, a qualified candidate must be quality focused, an effective team player and motivated to achieve a rewarding career within the organization.
On a typical day, a CSE thoughtfully works with customers to delve into the root cause of an issue, respond to numerous tickets ranging from site, account, or feature issues to assistance with the course content. The CSE will work with multiple departments which including development, infrastructure, content, sales, and customer success to meet the needs of customers. The CSE will also be the voice of the customer and will have a strong voice into the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. The CSE provides valuable insight into what customers are having problems with and what features or content would have the largest impact.Responsibilities
- Accurately and expeditiously address customer issues as they arise.
- Work with infrastructure and development teams to resolve platform issues.
- Promptly resolve customer service issues to the satisfaction of all.
- Perform administrative duties and projects create reports, documentation and FAQ articles, or special projects associated with Customer Support
- Work on cancellation and retention issues with students/enterprise accounts
- 3+ Years of Customer support experience
- Familiarity or conceptual knowledge of cloud computing and DevOps concepts and terminology
- Expertise in one of more specialized areas of IT such as Linux Administration, Windows Administration, AWS, Openstack, Azure, or Google Cloud ComputeAdvanced troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high-pressure environment
- Proven skills in troubleshooting complex systems
- Passion for technology and continuous education.
- Impeccable Attention to Detail with Strong Organizational Skills
- Exceptional Communication Skills and Professional Presence
- Innovative Problem Solver, Results minded and Solution focused
- Effective Team Player with the ability to Work Independently
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including weekends and holidays.
Preferred Skills (not mandatory, but a bonus)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Powershell, Ruby, Python, etc)
- Experience with virtualization technology and/or containers
- High compensation with great bonus opportunities
- Three weeks vacation, one week sick leave
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided free to employee; discounted to spouse/family
- Free drinks/snacks for office based employees
- Flexible schedule
- Simple IRA with non-elective contribution made by Linux Academy, opportunity to make voluntary contribution by employee
- Satisfaction of helping others grow and learn
- Opportunity to work with a really exciting, fun team and roll out new projects
- Compensation increases proportionate to new knowledge gained