Make your mark. The Plante Moran Technology Services team is recognized as a Computerworld Top 100 Places to Work in IT for 2018, 2019, and 2020 and has won two prestigious awards in 2017: InformationWeek IT Excellence and the CIO 100. Our team was also a past award winner for InformationWeek IT Excellence in 2012 and 2013. If you are seeking professional growth, like being innovative and challenged, and have a desire to work on impactful business technology projects, we want to hear from you!
The Senior Cloud Engineer will work on our Infrastructure Services Team to design, build, orchestrate, automate, and maintain Plante Moran’s Cloud IaaS, PaaS, and on-premise servers, storage, and solutions with a focus on Microsoft Azure. You will play a key role in our continuing journey to hybrid public/private cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a passion for infrastructure automation and coding; be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision; has the drive and ability to learn new technologies and be willing to experiment.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Designing, orchestrating, implementing, and supporting secure and scalable infrastructure using public cloud, IaaS, PaaS, and on-premise platforms.
- Developing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and utilizing Configuration Management tools
- Developing and utilizing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes to help deliver quality solutions efficiently, securely, and at scale.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and enforcing architecture, governance, operating procedures, monitoring, and system standards; creating and maintaining accurate technical documentation.
- Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost-effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Provide 3rd level server, storage, IaaS, PaaS, and other infrastructure-related support.
- Review and correlate information, determine root cause, and improve processes to prevent recurring issues.
- needs analysis, cost/benefit, selection, implementation, knowledge transfer and support.
- As needed participation in after-hours maintenance windows to update, change, and install various systems; Participation in the 24 x 7 On-Call Rotation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business or related major is preferred
- Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in systems engineering/infrastructure development, and at least 2 years’ experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud.
- Certification(s) in administering and/or architecting cloud-based technologies is preferred. (e.g. Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified Solutions Architect)
- Strong scripting skills and working experience with Infrastructure as Code.
- (e.g. Azure DevOps, DSC, ARM Templates, PowerShell, etc.)
- Microsoft Windows Server; Active Directory Administration and Security; Group Policy; PowerShell; Security Compliance and Remediation; Server, Virtualization and Storage design, implementation, and administration.
- This position may require occasional local and national travel.
- Knowledge of the following will help you stand out:
- Azure DevOps, Terraform, Ansible, Microsoft Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates, and Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Experience with Azure Automation, orchestration, and configuration management tools
- Understanding of networking (subnetting, routing, VPC / VNet, security groups, load balancing, etc.)
We are a nationally recognized public accounting, consulting, and wealth management firm, consistently ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” and “20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services.” At Plante Moran, we live by the Golden Rule, fostering a relatively “jerk-free” culture with the lowest staff turnover rate in the industry. Our supportive network of well-rounded professionals is excited to catapult your growth and help pave your pathway to professional excellence.
Apply now. Make your mark.
This is an exempt position, so you may have to work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week.
Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of candidates that are bilingual in Japanese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.