Accepting applications for REMOTE based candidates in the U.S.
As a Finance Business Analyst on the R&D Platform Solutions team, your role will be central in the development of integration solutions that are critical to the next generation of Finance products from Ellucian. You will produce product requirements, write data mapping and API specifications, and you will facilitate critical decisions about how multiple consumers and authoritative sources will engage in the Finance realm of Higher Education. Using interviews, solution analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, data mapping, use cases, functional specifications, task and workflow analysis as well as your own experience in the field, you will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to reach design decisions about unique solutions to industry problems. Throughout the process you will consider the information needs for various integrating systems and analytic solutions, and examine a wide range of functional requirements to reach common solutions that work best in a distributed processing environment.
You will be instrumental in your work with the Development and QA team to implement and test functional requirements, validate defect fixes, and clarify enhancements for existing and proposed software solutions. You will assist in testing integration solutions, and contribute to the development of customer-focused content for software solutions (Online Resources, User Guides, Training Materials, stakeholder presentations, etc.), as well as analyze and review integration requirements for future third party implementations.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS/BA degree
- 5+ years in business analysis, solution requirements, or other business analyst or consulting role
- MUST have Colleague Finance implementation support or consulting experience
- Strong communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Analysis skills including the ability to interpret customer needs into functional and operational requirements
- Performing functional analysis on business systems for software solution development
- Software solution development via functional analysis on a wide array of business system requirements
- Documentation and analysis with use cases and user stories
- Process design as well as system, gap, and impact analysis
- Working knowledge of JSON and / or data modeling
- Data Analytics and/or Data Warehousing experience
- Agile methodologies
- Writing user stories, test cases
- Working knowledge of APIs
- Functional knowledge of SQL
- Colleague Core and Student experience in addition to Finance