Modis IT is seeking a Remote Android Developer for a contract-to-hire position in Akron, Ohio. The desired candidate will have previous Android development experience, specifically with Kotlin. An ideal candidate will also have experience with Bitcoin/cryptocurrency, but it is not required. Candidates can work remotely from anywhere in the United States but must be willing to work during standards office hours on an EST schedule.
- Take a set of business requirements all the way from technical proposals all the way to production.
- Demonstrated ability to move quickly while still pushing quality code out.
- 5+ years building applications with Android SDK
- 5+ years of Java/Kotlin software engineering experience
- Extensive experience working with git
- Extensive experience working with REST APIs and Socket connections
- Experience turning wireframes and mockups into elegantly executed code
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code review culture
- Experience developing well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code
that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Passion for creating lasting experiences for our users and a history of pushing quality code out with speed
- Experience or interest in technologies such as Amazon Web Services, blockchain and cryptocurrencies.