To reduce the variability that stands in the way of effective care, Wolters Kluwer Health solutions deliver clarity when and where it matters most. Our trusted medical evidence and technology solutions engage clinicians, patients, students, researchers, and the next generation of healthcare providers to drive more effective decisions and consistent outcomes across the continuum of care. Our proven solutions include learning and research, advanced clinical decision support, patient engagement, surveillance solutions and more. Learn more at www.wolterskluwer.com/health.
The Acquisitions Editor is responsible for the acquisition, expansion and publishing of titles for assigned product area with a focus on increasing digital market share. This may include textbooks, learning solutions, databases, and courses in both print and digital media as designated/defined. The Editor is accountable for ensuring editorial quality and profitability, as well as the overall management of their disciplines to provide market driven solutions that will improve the teaching and learning experience of students, instructors, and practicing professionals.
Specifically this includes defining new product opportunities, securing first editions, revisions to existing products and solutions to maximize profitability and meet customer needs, collaborating with marketing and sales colleagues to maximize sales and marketing opportunities, maintaining an awareness of new trends and developments; all of which should result in in organic growth and increased brand awareness and/or extension.
Location: This role can be located in our Philadelphia PA or Baltimore MD offices or remote locations will be considered.
The Editor's primary responsibilities include:
* Management of the P&L
* Monitor sales and costs lines of the P&L ensuring sales and costs are on target and on budget by:
* Develop investment strategies to bring solutions to market and achieve program financial goals
* Oversee sales opportunities, working with sales colleagues to ensure the meeting of budget targets, and ultimately the increasing revenue.
* Monitoring profitability of existing products, and build franchises for key brands across multiple disciplines
* Market Research/Customer Insight
* Research and initiate new concepts, products and areas of expansion through faculty, practitioner and student interviews to ensure products are based on market needs
* Attend professional meetings and societies, obtaining feedback and networking with contributors, consultants and editors
* Campus and exhibit travel to ensure a depth and breadth of market/customer needs and new opportunities for product
* Forecasting for Disciplines annually
* Develop three-year planning of sales and signings for revision and new products
* Completion of Business Plan which details market trends, customer needs, competitive landscape and publishing plan related to these elements
* Acquiring new and revisions products
* Identify prospective authors and course architects, working with them to secure proposals and evaluate market potential of proposed products
* Complete publishing proposals for internal review and approval, including sales forecasting, costs (working with Product Managers) and P&Ls
* Negotiate author contracts
* Dependent upon delivery (print or digital), working with Development & Technology, definition of User Stories, High-Level Requirements
* Sponsoring the Development process
* Collaborating with internal departments and teams across the team to ensure successful product delivery
* Ensuring authors are delivering high quality manuscript, as appropriately scheduled
* Monitoring current and pending acquisitions to ensure products are delivered on time and on budget
* Review of features and functionality including user experience and product requirements for digital products
* Mitigate any issues that come up during the development process related to competitive, market and customer developments, and/or author/resource issues
* Working with marketing and sales colleagues for effective product launches and sales support for all disciplines including creation and execution of Market Development plans at the beginning of the Product Development life cycle.
Education: College degree (BA/BS) or relevant equivalent experience.
Experience: 3 or more years of experience in sales, marketing, product management, and/or acquisitions. Acquisitions or Product Management experience in healthcare publishing desirable.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* High degree of professionalism.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Strong project management skills
* Excellent presentation skills; both creating (in MS Power Point) and delivering presentations to a variety of audiences
* Ability to develop strategic business plans
* Ability to determine customer needs and market trends
* Ability to create and manage budgets
* Attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines
* Negotiating and problem-solving skills
* Ability and willingness to travel extensively to meet business goals and objectives
* Strong analytic skills, including using MS Excel to forecast and analyze data and trends
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Knowledge of trends, developments, and professionals/authors in assigned specialties desired.
* General knowledge of the healthcare and textbook markets a plus
* Knowledge of content management and asset development
Travel: Up to 30%
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY). For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gend