Remote Account Manager, Asphalt Applications - Southeast Region at Akzo Nobel Specialty Chemicals
The successful candidate will join the Nouryon Surface Chemistry Sales Team and will oversee prospecting, contacting, researching and developing new customers for Surface Chemistry's technology platforms.
The Account Manager will report to the Regional Sales Manager.
This is a remote position that can be based out of Houston, TX or any major city in the Southwest region.
The position responsibilities include:
• Sales and CM growth at assigned customers
• Prospection and development of new customers for assigned markets and regions
• Assigned territory is the Southeast U.S.
• Provide technical support and technical guidance to customers on the use of Surface Chemistry's products
• Identification of customer needs and requirements
• Guides customers to develop formulations using our products
• Identify market trends, opportunities and threats for our technologies
• Writes reports and makes presentations to internal and external customers on technologies, applications, or a significant project
• Keeps up to date on core products, new applications and key market growth segments.
BS Degree preferred in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related field
Asphalt Industry Experience preferred
Minimum of 3 years of Sales Experience
Strong communications skills, both written and oral
Knowledge of CRM, SAP and MS Office, especially Excel
Self-motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic
Valid driver license and 50% travel required
Asphalt Applications Background Information:
Nouryon Asphalt Applications business primarily sells emulsifiers for cold maintenance applications (emulsions), warm-mix and adhesion promoters for use in new road construction (hot mix). These minor but significant specialty components are blended with bitumen (refinery residues) and aggregate (rock) to improve road quality. Our team's in-depth knowledge of the industry, technical service and of our products' performance in the customers' applications, give us a strong value proposition for the market.